Cheap Khao Lak liveaboard
The MV Andaman is a long time Khao Lak favourite from one of Khao Lak’s most established liveaboard operators.
The Andaman offers cheap liveaboard diving from Khao Lak to the Similan Islands, Surin Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock.
The price even includes full equipment rental with dive computer!
There are 3, 4 or 7 day itineraries including trips that focus only on the northern dive sites (Koh Tachai, Surin Islands, Richelieu Rock).
Cheap Khao Lak liveaboard
- Sleeps 20 guests.
- Length 26 metres, beam 5.5 metres. Steel hull.
- Two air-conditioned sleeping areas each containing six individual bunks with curtains for privacy.
- Two sea view air conditioned double cabins with shared bathrooms.
- Two sea view air con double cabins with en-suite bathrooms.
- 24 hour electricity and plug sockets in all cabins.
- Fresh water showers on the dive platform and rinse buckets for equipment/cameras.
- There is a choice of places to relax, either in our open air dining area or in a hammock or sun mattress on the large sundeck.
- Cruising speed 10 knots.
- GPS, SatNav, Depth sounder, CB radio, life jackets, life rings, fully stocked medical kits, 100% oxygen kit (demand valve, DAN system).
- 2 x Bauer Mariner compressors.
- RIB tender with 15HP outboard.
4 days 4 nights (13 dives) – Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock
- Double bed cabin with private en-suite bathroom: 22,600 baht per diver
- Double bed cabin with shared bathroom: 21,600 baht per diver
- 6 share berth: 19,600 baht per diver
3 days 3 nights (9 dives) – Koh Tachai, Richelieu Rock and the Surin Islands
- Double bed cabin with private en-suite bathroom: 17,850 baht per diver
- Double bed cabin with shared bathroom: 17,100 baht per diver
- 6 share berth: 15,600 baht per diver
7 days 7 nights combo (22 dives)
- Double bed cabin with private en-suite bathroom: 35,170 baht per diver
- Double bed cabin with shared bathroom: 33,420 baht per diver
- 6 share berth: 29,920 baht per diver
20% discount for non diving partners
Prices include: Dive guide, tanks, weights & belt, all meals, fruits, rental dive equipment including dive computer.
Prices exclude: Alcoholic beverages & soft drinks, towels, marine national park fees, transfers to the dive centre.
Note: Divers must have logged dives within the last year and be certified to 30 m.
Scuba Reviews can be conducted on a local reef in Khao Lak prior to the liveaboard. 2,500 baht/diver.
PADI Open Water (or equivalent) divers will be required to conduct a PADI Adventure Deep Dive as the first dive of the trip for an additional 1,800 baht charge.
May to Oct – season close
Schedule for Nov 2020 – Apr 2021 coming soon
On departure day divers should meet at the Khao lak dive centre by latest 3 pm to check in, try on equipment and pay any balance due. Departure from the dive centre will be at around 6 pm.
On the final day there will be two morning dives. The last dive finishes at about midday then MV Andaman cruises back to the mainland. Arrival back at the dive centre will be at about 6 pm.
Book / Enquiry
- Tell us the dates you are interested in. We’ll check available options and provide you with a clear breakdown of prices.
- When you are ready to go ahead and book we’ll reserve your place(s) and email you the secure online payment instructions.
- Pay just 20% deposit to confirm your booking on MV Andaman. Payment is online by credit card or paypal (no booking fee or credit card fee), or by bank transfer.
- Pay the balance on arrival in Khao Lak.
MV Andaman reviews
“I went into this liveaboard experience alone and blindly. I am a single girl that just wants to dive. That being said, being alone can be very lonely or you can meet awesome people. Which is what happened! The staff was amazing, both the diving staff and the Thai crew. Two thumbs up to the Thai crew who knew everything I needed before I even knew I needed it. The food was amazing.. they also had options for vegans/vegetarians (and not lame options either). The dive crew really made you feel at home and they always had cool things to point out underwater. The best part of the trip is the people you meet along the way. I’m now in a private facebook group with the people I met on the liveaboard and we all keep up with each others travels/adventures. Unforgettable experience and totally worth it!!” Read review on Trip Advisor
Great first liveaboard!
“Diving: The diving was really enjoyable and manageable with 4 dives / day spaced out. The dives themselves were well led.
People: There was a good mix of people from USA, France, China, Korea, Russia etc. age range 30yo+ who made it a very relaxed and pleasant environment.
Crew and dive masters: Well organised and nice crew who made it a smooth and easy trip.
Recommended as value for money.” Read review on Trip Advisor