Cheapest Similan liveaboard
Nang Nuan is the cheapest Similan liveaboard. It’s old, small and odd looking. But it’s also a really fun boat to dive on. Nang Nuan a cheap liveaboard that’s popular with travelers/backpackers who can do without air con cabins and 24 hour electricity. The price even includes full equipment rental with dive computer!
If you are looking for the cheapest Similan liveaboard from Khao Lak then they don’t come cheaper than MV Nang Nuan.
Because the standard and therefore the price of Similan Island liveaboards is rising each season there aren’t many cheap liveaboards like Nang Nuan left. So if you want a place (it takes just 8 divers) you need to book in advance. Just pay a 20% deposit to book, you can pay the balance when you arrive in Khao Lak. To join this boat you must have dived within the last year and you must be certified to 30 metres.
Nang nuan does not dive Richelieu Rock. For the cheapest Richelieu Rock liveaboard try MV Andaman.
- Length 13 metres, beam 3.5 metres. Wooden hull.
- Only 8 divers. Guided by two dive masters.
- There is no air con, guests sleep camp style on the covered upper deck, the sea breeze keeps you cool.
- As there is no AC there is no generator running so it’s silent at night.
- Cruising speed 8 knots.
- GPS, Sat nav, CB radio, life jackets, life rings, fully stocked medical kits, 100% oxygen kit (demand valve, DAN system).
- 1 x Bauer Mariner compressor.
- Dinghy with 15 HP outboard.
Nang nuan price
3 days 2 nights (9 dives) at the Similan Islands and Koh Bon
- 10,900 baht per diver
Liveaboard prices include: Dive guide, tanks, rental dive equipment including dive computer, all meals.
Liveaboard prices exclude: Alcohol, marine national park fees (1,100 baht per diver).
Note that to join this trip you must have dived within the last year and you must be certified to 30 metres. Courses or local dives are available before the trip if required.
Schedule & Itinerary
Nang Nuan itinerary and schedule
Trips depart every Wednesday and Sunday morning at 0800 hrs and return every Friday and Tuesday night at 1800 hrs.
Start and finish: Khao Lak
Dive sites: Similan Islands and Koh Bon
Book / Enquiry
To book, or just ask a question:
- Tell us the dates you are interested in. We’ll reply within 24 hours, with options, availability and prices. At this stage there is no commitment and we won’t ask you for any payment.
- When you are ready to make a booking we’ll reserve your place(s) and email you the secure online payment instructions.
- Pay just 20% deposit to confirm your booking on MV Nangnuan. Payment is online by credit card or paypal (no booking fee or credit card fee), or by bank transfer.
- Pay the balance on arrival in Khao Lak.
“Our trip was amazing!!! Perfect crew dive and boatcrew, nice dives and a lot of nice food….
We realy enjoyed!!!!! ” Tanja, Mar 2014
“The trip was great. Diving incredible, staff was super relaxed, good delicious and very accommodating with my vegetarian diet, and I was completely happy with everything. Thanks for your help! All the best, Simone”