South Siam 4
Similan and Richelieu Rock liveaboard
- One day trip Similan Islands
- 2 day 1 night Similan Islands / Koh Bon
- 3 day 2 night Richelieu Rock, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Similan Islands.
South Siam 4 liveaboard (MV Somboon 4) stays out at the Similan islands all season (mid Oct to early May).
Divers are transferred from Khao Lak to the liveaboard by speedboat five times per week. Land transfers to the pier at Khao Lak are also provided from hotels in Phuket.
The dive boat does a weekly loop of all the dive sites including Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock. The flexible schedule lets you fit diving around your other travel plans. You can get a lot of dives in a short time. It’s a good value Richelieu Rock liveaboard for the 3 day 2 night trip.
Unlike other liveaboards South Siam also takes day trip divers. (Day divers can join at the Similan and Koh Bon but not at Richelieu Rock). This can make the boat busy during the day but the program is efficiently run and the day trippers have all departed by 3 pm.
Peak season holidays like Christmas, New Year and Chinese New year are busiest (you need to book early for these dates). Because of all the comings and goings and the moving between islands there are fewer beach excursions on a South Siam liveaboard than on other boats.
- Sleeps 24 guests in double and twin bed cabins
- Length 28 metres, beam 6.5m
- All cabins are air conditioned
- Shared bathrooms
- Cruising speed of 10 knots
- Large sun deck and large shaded deck
- Tasty and plentiful Thai and international food
- PADI Advanced courses taught on board
South Siam 4 price
2 days 1 night (7 dives) at the Similan Islands
- Double bed or twin share cabin: 13,900 baht per diver / 9,900 baht per non diver
National park fees: 900 baht per diver / 500 baht per non diver
Mon-Tues or Thurs-Fri or Fri-Sat. Depart morning, return next day evening
3 days 2 nights (11 dives) at the Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock
- Double bed or twin share cabin: 22,900 baht per diver
National park fees: 2,100 baht per diver
Tuesday to Thursday or Saturday to Monday
4 days 3 nights (15 dives) at the Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock
- Double bed or twin share cabin: 26,900 baht per diver
National park fees: 2,300 baht per diver
Friday to Monday or Monday to Thursday
5 days 4 nights (19 dives) Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock
- Double bed or twin share cabin: 30,900 baht per diver
National park fees: 2,500 baht per diver
6 days 5 nights (23 dives) Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock
- Double bed or twin share cabin: 34,900 baht per diver
National park fees: 2,700 baht per diver
One day trip Similan Islands
- 5,600 baht per diver / 3,600 baht per non diver
National park fees: 700 baht per diver / 500 baht per non diver
Monday, Thursday, Friday
Price includes: Dive guide, tanks, weights & belt, all meals, drinking water, tea, coffee, soft drinks, return hotel transfers from Phuket main beaches (Patong, Kata, Karon) and central Khao Lak (Nangthong, Bangniang).
Price excludes: Equipment rental (500 baht per set per day), nitrox, alcoholic drinks, towels, marine park fees, outside area transfers.
Note: To dive at Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock divers must be advanced or deep certified (or equivalent experience) with dives logged within the last year. The PADI Advanced course can be completed on board for 8,500 baht. Or you can dive with a private divemaster (extra charge of 2,500 baht per day).
Similan (incl. Koh Bon) Marine National Park Fee:
500 Baht for entry into the Similans (divers and nondivers) plus…
200 Baht per diver per day
Similan Islands-Richelieu Rock Marine National Park Fee:
1,500 Baht for entry into the Similans/Surin/Richelieu (divers and non-divers) plus…
200 Baht per diver per day
Please note that the National Park Fee is set by the National Park and is subject to change without notice.
Schedule & Itinerary
South Siam 4 itinerary and schedule
- Start/Finish any day except Wednesday and Sunday.
You can transfer on and off South Siam 4 any day except Wednesday and Sunday. You can depart the boat any day except Wednesday and Sunday. You cannot join or leave the boat on Wednesday or Sunday. If you want to start on Wed or Sun go with South Siam 3.
If you want to dive Richelieu Rock, schedule a Wednesday or Sunday into your trip.
Mon: Similan Islands
Tue: Similan Islands / Koh Bon / Koh Tachai
Wed: Surin Islands / Richelieu Rock / Koh Tachai
Thur: Similan Islands
Fri: Similan Islands
Sat: Similan Islands / Koh Bon / Koh Tachai
Sun: Surin Islands / Richelieu Rock / Koh Tachai
*Itineraries are subject to change.
If this itinerary doesn’t work for you the sister ship South Siam 3 runs a similar schedule with different dates.
On the first day you will be collected from your hotel in Phuket or Khao Lak in the morning (6.00 am-7.30 am depending on your hotel) and transferred by minibus to Tap Lamu Pier. From there you will be transferred by speedboat to the South Siam 4 liveaboard.
On departure day there are three dives. After lunch you will be transferred from South Siam IV to Taplamu pier by speedboat. Depending on your hotel location you will arrive back at your Phuket hotel between 6.00-8.00 pm in the evening.
Book / Enquiry
- Tell us the dates you are interested in. We’ll check available options and provide you with a clear breakdown of prices.
- When you are ready to go ahead and book we’ll reserve your place(s) and email you the secure online payment instructions.
- 10% deposit to confirm your booking. Payment is online by credit card or paypal (no booking fee or credit card fee), or by bank transfer.
- Balance payable 60 days before the trip departure date.
South Siam 4 reviews
Hello Paul, Just a belated note to thank you for sorting out this Koh Bon trip for us, it was another excellent day of diving and we saw a giant manta ray, which was just blinking awesome! Back in cold England at miserable work. Oh well, it was a great holiday! Best wishes, Jess