South Siam 4
Similan and Richelieu Rock liveaboard
South Siam 4 liveaboard (MV Somboon 4) stays out at the Similan islands all season (mid Oct to early May). Divers and supplies are transferred to the liveaboard by speedboat five times per week. The dive boat does a weekly loop of all the dive sites including Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock so you can plan your trip for the days that it’s at your preferred dive sites.
The flexible schedule lets you fit diving around your other travel plans. Transfers to the pier at Khao Lak are also provided from Phuket.
It’s an especially good value Richelieu Rock liveaboard for a short 3 day 2 night trips.
South Siam 4 can accommodate 28 guests when full, and with the regular comings and goings it can be busier than other boats. It’s busiest during peak holiday periods like Christmas, New Year and Chinese New Year (early booking is essential for these dates). But the boat is very efficiently run, it has to be to fit a lot of dives into a short period of time.
- Sleeps 28 guests in double and twin bed cabins
- Length 28 metres, beam 6.5m
- All cabins are air conditioned
- Shared bathrooms
- Cruising speed of 10 knots
- Large sun deck and large shaded deck
- Tasty and plentiful Thai and international food
- PADI Advanced courses taught on board
South Siam 4 price
2 days 1 nights (7 dives) at the Similan Islands
- Double bed or twin share cabin: 12,900 baht per diver / 9,900 baht per non diver
Mon-Tues or Thurs-Fri or Fri-Sat. Depart morning, return next day evening
3 days 2 nights (11 dives) at the Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock
- Double bed or twin share cabin: 20,900 baht per diver
Tuesday to Thursday or Saturday to Monday
4 days 3 nights (15 dives) at the Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock
- Double bed or twin share cabin: 24,900 baht per diver
Friday to Monday or Monday to Thursday
Price includes: Dive guide, tanks, weights & belt, all meals, drinking water, tea, coffee, soft drinks, return hotel transfers from Phuket main beaches (Patong, Kata, Karon) and central Khao Lak (Nangthong, Bangniang).
Price excludes: Equipment rental (500 baht per set per day), alcoholic drinks, towels, marine park fees, outside area transfers.
Note: Divers must be advanced certified (or equivalent experience) with dives logged within the last year. The PADI Advanced course can be completed on board for 8,500 baht. Or you can dive with a private divemaster (extra charge of 2,000 baht per day).
Schedule & Itinerary
South Siam 4 itinerary and schedule
Mon: Similan Islands
Tue: Similan Islands / Koh Bon / Koh Tachai
Wed: Surin Islands / Richelieu Rock / Koh Tachai
Thur: Similan Islands
Fri: Similan Islands
Sat: Similan Islands / Koh Bon / Koh Tachai
Sun: Surin Islands / Richelieu Rock / Koh Tachai
*Itineraries are subject to change.
If this itinerary doesn’t work for you the sister ship South Siam 3 runs a similar schedule with different dates.
- Departs every morning except Wednesday and Sunday.
- Returns every evening except Wednesday and Sunday.
Basically you can join South Siam 4 any day except Wednesday and Sunday. You can depart the boat any day except Wednesday and Sunday.
If you want to dive Richelieu Rock, schedule a Wednesday or Sunday into your trip.
On the first day you will be collected from your hotel in Phuket or Khao Lak in the morning (6.00 am-7.30 am depending on your hotel) and transferred by minibus to Tap Lamu Pier. From there you will be transferred by speedboat to the South Siam 4 liveaboard.
On the last day you will be transferred off South Siam 4 in the afternoon and arrive back at your hotel in the evening.
Book / Enquiry
To book, or just ask a question:
- Tell us the dates you are interested in. We’ll reply within 24 hours with availability and prices. At this stage there is no commitment and we won’t ask you for any payment.
- When you are ready to make a booking we’ll reserve your place(s) and email you the secure online payment instructions.
- 10% deposit to confirm your booking. Payment is online by credit card or paypal (no booking fee or credit card fee), or by bank transfer.
- Balance payable 30 days before the trip departure date.
South Siam 4 reviews
South Siam 4
South Siam 4
Hello Paul, Just a belated note to thank you for sorting out this Koh Bon trip for us, it was another excellent day of diving and we saw a giant manta ray, which was just blinking awesome! Back in cold England at miserable work. Oh well, it was a great holiday! Best wishes, Jess