Deep Andaman Queen
Similan liveaboard diving
MV Deep Andaman Queen II is a large steel hulled Similan liveaboard diving vessel with a cruising speed of 10 knots. It has a variety of cabin styles for up to 25 guests.
The master cabins are huge.
VIP Deluxe cabins are on the main deck while the standard cabins are below decks.
DAQ dives the best of the Similan and Surin Islands including Richelieu Rock, Koh Tachai and Koh Bon. It also makes several longer trips each year up to the Mergui archipelago.
The expansive communal areas are perfect for relaxing and socializing between dives. You can choose from shade, sunshine on the sun deck, or air-con in the saloon.
Deep Andaman Queen II was built in 2003 and was previously named Queen Scuba. A major rebuild in 2019 increased the boats capacity and added modern features.
Bookings come from a mix of nationalities, ages, singles and couples. The dive staff are multi lingual.
- Max 25 guests in 11 air conditioned cabins with en-suite cabins.
- Cruising Speed of 10 Knots
- 31m length, 7m beam
- Lots of space. Large sun deck, huge dive deck.
- NITROX is available onboard up to 32%.
- 2 x 4m RIB tenders.
- PADI Specialities available on board including Nitrox, Deep, Navigation. PADI Advanced course available also. Pre booking is recommended.
- Thai and International food.
- There are 2 Master cabins with queen size beds (180-200cm). Cabin size 13-15 sqm.
- There are 3 Deluxe double bed (150-200cm) cabins and 2 Deluxe twin bed cabins on the main deck. They have private bathrooms and large windows. Cabin size 5.4-6.2 sqm.
- There are 4 standard cabins (1 x small twin cabin, 1 x larger twin bed cabin, 1 x triple cabin and 1 x quad cabin) on the lower deck, all with private bathrooms and porthole windows.
The standard twin cabins are good value as it’s basically the same as the deluxe twin cabins, just on the lower deck.
- All en-suite cabins have private bathrooms with warm water shower.
Deep Andaman Queen price
4 days 4 nights (14 dives) at the Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock
- Master cabin with private bathroom (main deck, sea view, 17 sqm): 48,500 baht per diver
- Deluxe double bed cabin with private bathroom (main deck, sea view, 8.5 sqm): 42,000 baht per diver
- Deluxe twin bed cabin with private bathroom (main deck, sea view, 8.5 sqm): 42,000 baht per diver
- Standard twin share: 38,000 baht per diver
- Standard triple share cabin with private bathroom (lower deck, 13 sqm): 34,000 baht per diver
- Standard four share cabin with private bathroom (lower deck, 20 sqm): 31,500 baht per diver
4 days 3 nights (10 dives) at the Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock
- Master cabin with private bathroom: 35,000 baht per diver
- Deluxe double bed cabin with private bathroom: 31,500 baht per diver
- Deluxe twin bed cabin with private bathroom: 31,500 baht per diver
- Standard twin share: 28,500 baht per diver
- Standard triple share cabin with private bathroom: 25,500 baht per diver
- Standard four share cabin with private bathroom: 24,000 baht per diver
10% discount for non diving partners
Price includes: PADI Dive guide, 12 litre tanks, weights & belt, all meals, soft drinks, round trip transfers from Phuket hotels, Phuket airport or central Khao hotels.
Price excludes: Equipment rental, marine national park fees (1,800 baht), nitrox, 15 litre tanks, alcoholic drinks, PADI courses.
Deep Andaman Queen schedule
15 May – 15 Oct season close
** 5 days 5 nights Christmas trip:
— baht/diver in quad cabin
— baht/diver in triple cabin
— baht/diver in standard twin cabin
— baht/diver in VIP twin/double cabin
— baht/diver master cabin
Similan liveaboard diving itinerary
Duration: 4 Days / 4 Nights (14 dives) at the Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock
1500-1830 hrs: Pick-up at your hotel or Phuket airport and transfer to Deep Andaman Queen at Tap Lamu pier.
Dinner is served on board as you cruise to the Similan Islands.
Diving Day 1:
General Diving Rules / Safety Briefing
3 day dives around the Similan Islands reef dive sites. (Eel Garden, Shark Fin Reef and East of Eden dive sites).
Land excursion to Koh Miang (Similan island #4) for a jungle walk, sun bathing, beach time etc.
Night dive in Honeymoon Bay.
Diving Day 2:
2 dives around the Similan Islands boulder dive sites. (Elephant Head Rock and North Point dive sites).
Land excursion to Koh Similan (Similan island #8). Climb to Sail Rock view point, swimming, snorkeling, beach etc.
2 dives around Koh Bon and Koh Tachai (West Ridge and Twin Peaks dive sites).
Diving Day 3:
1 early morning dive around Koh Tachai.
3 dives around Richelieu Rock (Surin Islands).
Diving Day 4:
1 dive at Koh Bon, 1 dive at the Boonsung Wreck.
Return to Tap Lamu Pier at about 1530 hrs and transfer back to your hotel in Khao Lak or Phuket.
*itineraries are subject to change
Pick up times on departure day:
Chalong / Panwa: 15.00 hrs
Rawai / Naiharn: 15.15-15.25 hrs
Kata beach: 15.45-16.10 hrs
Karon beach: 16.20-16.45 hrs
Patong beach: 17.00-17.30 hrs
Phuket Town: 16.00-16.30 hrs
Kamala / Surin beach: 17.45-18.00 hrs
Phuket airport: 18.00-18.30 hrs
Khao Lak: 19.00-19.30 hrs
For Burma itineraries: burmaliveaboards.com/deep-andaman-queen
Book / Enquiry
- Tell us the dates you are interested in. We’ll check available options and provide you with a clear breakdown of prices.
- When you are ready to go ahead and book we’ll reserve your place(s) and email you the secure online payment instructions.
- 30% deposit to confirm your booking. Payment is online by credit card or paypal (no booking fee or credit card fee), or by bank transfer.
- Balance payable 60 days before the trip departure date.
Deep Andaman Queen liveaboard reviews
“…all the things that made this trip wonderful:
The diving (saw a huge Manta! So many fish and great visibility).
The crew (everyone so kind and helpful).
The boat (cabin, sun deck, dive deck – much better than expected).
The communication beforehand (easy and always a quick response)…”
Nic, March 15 Full review on Trip Advisor
The trip was amazing. No whale sharks but several mantas – what an experience. Thank you for helping me get ready for it. Queen Scuba and the whole crew was absolutely great – highly recommend it. Erin, Australia