MV Similan Explorer
Similan and Surin Islands liveaboard
Similan Explorer liveaboard departs from Khao Lak for 3 or 5 day trips.
The 5 day itinerary includes dives at the Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu Rock and the Surin Islands.
The boat presents very well and the price is great value. High standards and a personal touch are maintained because the boat’s owner, a SCUBA fanatic, leads most trips.
A unique feature of Similan Explorer liveaboard trips is the chance to dive the Surin Islands, and while there to visit the Moken sea gypsy village there.
Similan Explorer also offers PADI Open Water course training on the Similan Islands liveaboard. (To complete your open water course dives on the liveaboard you will need to spent the day prior to the trip at the dive centre in Khao Lak).
- Max 20 Divers
- Length 26 metres, beam 6 metres
- Max speed 12 knots
- Two double bed cabins on the upper deck
- Four twin bunk bed cabins and two quad share cabins on the main deck
- All cabins have air conditioning and windows.
- There are three shared bathrooms (plus two more fresh water showers on the dive deck). Bathrooms have bio degradable soap and shampoo provided.
- Nitrox available.
- PADI Open water and Advanced Open Water courses available on board.
- Diver to guide ratio 4: 1. Solo travelers will be assigned a buddy
- Dive guides are multi lingual and experienced on the dive sites, they will try and find what you request.
- Some of the guides are also expert underwater photographers who are happy to help you to improve you skills.
- Large dinghy available for pick ups, surface support and runs to the beach.
- Delicious Thai and European food. Fruit and snacks available all day. Electrolyte drinks available.
Similan Explorer itinerary
Duration: 5 Days / 5 Nights (18 dives) at the Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock
Meet at Khao Lak at the dive centre no later than 3.00 pm for registration and to try on rental dive equipment. Board the boat at 4.30pm. Meet the crew, have dinner on board then depart to the Similan Islands at 6.30pm. Arrive at the Similan Islands at around midnight.
Dive days 1 & 2:
4 dives per day at the Similan Islands.
Dive days 3 & 4:
4 dives per day at Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock plus a visit to the Moken village at Surin.
Dive day 5:
2 dives in the morning. Arrive back in Khao Lak at about 3pm.
A typical day..
Wake up call at 6.00 am. Take a light breakfast of tea, fresh coffee, toast and fresh fruits before the first dive at 7.00 am. After the first dive is breakfast proper with your choice of eggs plus pancakes, French toast, sausages and ham, German bread, muesli, corn flakes, oats, and lots of fresh tropical fruits (which are always on the table).
You have 3 hours between each dive. You can go to the beach with the dinghy, swim, snorkel, cool off in your air con cabin or just relax on deck. There is a small library with fish books and diving magazines to help you ID what you saw on each dive.
Dive 2 is at 11.00 am. Lunch is served at 1.00 pm.
Dive 3 is at 3.00 pm. As the temperature cools in the afternoon it is a good chance to visit the beach or go snorkeling from the boat. Dinner is served at around 6.00 pm.
Dive 4 is a dusk dive or night dive at around 7.00 pm or later.
Book / Enquiry
- Tell us the dates you are interested in. We’ll check available options and provide you with a clear breakdown of prices.
- When you are ready to go ahead and book we’ll reserve your place(s) and email you the secure online payment instructions.
- 10% deposit to confirm your booking. Payment online by credit card or paypal (no booking fee or credit card fee), or by bank transfer.
- Balance payable 30 days before the trip departure date.
Similan Explorer reviews
Similan Explorer layout
1. Dive Platform
2. Deck showers
3. Gearing up area
8. Crew cabins
9. 4 share cabins
13. Dining area
15. Food counter
16. Double cabin
19. Oxygen station
20. Depth Sounder/GPS
21. Life raft
22. Nitrox blending station
23. Fire Extinguisher
25. Sat phone
26. Twin bunk cabin
This post is also available in: อังกฤษ
This post is also available in: อังกฤษ