MV Andaman Tritan
MV Andaman Tritan is a popular lower mid budget Similan liveaboard.
It’s one of the cheapest boats with en-suite double cabins and the single cabin is great value for solo travelers (most boats don’t have single cabins).
While the communal areas of Andaman Tritan are not as spacious as boats like Hallelujah or Pawara it does have nicely presented cabins at an affordable price, and as it only takes 16 diving guests you will never feel crowded and you’ll get plenty of personal attention.
In recent seasons Andaman Tritan (formerly called DiveRACE) has been a “lucky” boat that always seems to be in the right place at the right time for seeing whale sharks. But if the big stuff isn’t around the dive guides are great at spotting the macro critters for you to photograph.
There are two master cabins on the main deck with en-suite bathrooms. Master cabins each have a double bed plus an extra single bunk.
Also on the main deck are three deluxe cabins in either twin bed or double bed layout. Deluxe cabins have private en-suite bathrooms.
There are two standard cabins on the upper deck with twin bunk beds. The two standard cabins on the lower deck are each sold as single occupancy cabins. Standard cabins do not have private bathrooms.
Read verified Andaman Tritan (DiveRACE) reviews below (only our divers can leave reviews).
- Max 16 Guests
- Length 24.5m, beam 5.5m
- 2 x 230 hp engines. 2 x generators.
- 2 en-suite master cabins with double bed and an extra single bunk on the main deck.
- 1 deluxe en-suite cabin with double bed on the main deck
- 2 deluxe en-suite cabins with twin beds on the main deck
- 2 standard twin cabins on the upper deck (shared bathrooms)[/av_one_half]
- 2 standard single cabins on the lower deck (shared bathrooms)
- All cabins have air-conditioning and an electronic safe.
- All cabins are cleaned daily
- Cruising speed of 10 knots
- Nitrox available (extra charge)
- Very tasty Asian and International food served as spicy (or not) as you can take it
- 2 x liferaft (40 people), EPIRB, RADAR, Sounder, AIS transponder.
Andaman Tritan price
4 days 4 nights (14 dives) at the Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock
- Master double bed cabin with private en-suite bathroom (main deck): 31,000 baht per diver
- Deluxe double bed cabin with private en-suite bathroom (main deck): 28,000 baht per diver
- Deluxe twin bed (bunk) cabin with private en-suite bathroom (main deck): 28,000 baht per diver
- Standard twin bed (bunk) cabin (upper deck, shared bathroom): 25,000 baht per diver
- Standard single cabin (lower deck, shared bathroom): 24,000 baht
10% discount for non diving partners
Price includes: Dive guide, 12l tanks, weights & belt, all meals, soft drinks, round trip transfers from Phuket airport or Phuket hotels.
Price excludes: Equipment rental (700 baht per set per day), marine park fees, nitrox, 15 litre tanks, alcoholic drinks, dive insurance (compulsory).
Andaman Tritan schedule
|Dates||Description||Start / Finish|
|2-6 Apr 2018||FULL||FULL|
|7-11 Apr 2018||4d 4n Similan, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai, Richelieu Rock||Khao Lak / Khao Lak|
Andaman Tritan itinerary
Duration: 4 Days / 4 Nights (14 dives) at the Similan Islands, Koh Bon, Koh Tachai and Richelieu Rock
Pick up around 1700 hrs in Phuket or Khao Lak and transfer to Thap Lamu pier. Overnight cruise to Similan Islands. Dinner is served on board.
Diving day 1,2,3:
4 dives per day Similan Islands/Koh Bon/Richelieu Rock/Koh Tachai
Diving day 4:
2 dives at the Boonsung Wreck and Teak Wreck and return to Thap Lamu pier. Transfer to your hotel, arriving at 1700-1800 hrs.
*itineraries subject to change
Book / Enquiry
- Tell us the dates you are interested in. We’ll check available options and provide you with a clear breakdown of prices.
- When you are ready to go ahead and book we’ll reserve your place(s) and email you the secure online payment instructions.
- 10% deposit to confirm your booking. Payment is online by credit card or paypal (no booking fee or credit card fee), or by bank transfer.
- Balance payable 60 days before the trip departure date.
Andaman Tritan reviews