Phi Phi Islands snorkeling and sightseeing tour
Phi Phi Early Bird day trip from Phuket
Here is another good tour to do one a non diving day. This Phi Phi Islands snorkeling and sightseeing tour goes to all the famous places like Maya bay, Philey cove and Monkey beach plus Bamboo Island. It departs earlier than other Phuket tours so you get to Maya bay before the worst of the crowds. The speedboat is not over filled and the guides are friendly and helpful both in and out of the water.
Price: 3,700 baht (2,300 baht per child 3-12 years)
Price includes: Guide, snorkeling equipment, lunch, soft drinks, fruits, national park fees, Phuket hotel transfers.
Note: This tour is not suitable for children below 3 years of age, pregnant women or people over the age of 70.
Why do a Phi Phi sightseeing day trip?
The diving day trips to Phi Phi Islands go by slow boat and only have time for two dives and then return. The diving is usually at Koh Bida Nai and Koh Bida Nok. You may get to see Maya bay briefly but there is no time to go on the beach, and no time to visit Loh Samah bay, or Pilay cove or monkey beach.
So a sightseeing day trip by speedboat gives you more time to enjoy the islands. Everyone wants to see Phi Phi. It can be crowded with tourists, especially in peak season. But if you go with a good tour you can still appreciate the beauty.
Phi Phi day trip itinerary
06.30 hrs: Pick up from your Phuket hotel and transfer to the marina. If you missed breakfast there is complimentary tea, coffee, cookies and fruits available.
07.30-08.30 hrs: The speedboat to Phi Phi Islands takes about 60 minutes.
- Maya bay. Famous because of “the beach” movie and truly a beautiful bay. From the beach you can explore the jungle path behind.
- Phi Ley cove. A stunning lagoon surrounded by high cliffs. You can junp from the boat for a swim here.
- Viking cave. Where Swiftlet nests are harvested to make “Birds nest soup.”
- Monkey beach. A white sand beach with lots of cheeky monkeys.
- Loh Samah Bay and Nui bay. Favourite snorkeling spots at Phi Phi Ley, both are beautiful coves with coral reefs and lots of fish.
- Bamboo Island. Powdery white sand beach with turquoise water for swimming and snorkeling. A picnic lunch is served in the shade of the casuarina trees.
14.00-15.30 hrs: The speedboat returns to Phuket.
15.30-16.30 hrs: Transfer back to your hotel.
Itineraries are subject to change.
There is no SCUBA diving on this day trip.
This post is also available in: Thai